I had the supplies to make this pretty little shadow box for 6 months. The project only took about 45 minutes.
I picked out paper and a box
6 months later, I found a butterfly shape I liked online
I traced it onto paper straight from the screen (was too impatient to print)
folded each in half
used a straight pin to hold in place (`a la a real butterfly collection)
hang it on the wall
Now, why did it take me 6 months to do this? Ya got me.
Here's another little project in my girlies' room that inspired the previous one. It also makes beautiful butterfly shadows that my girls love.
Again, I found paper
found a butterfly shape I liked, but drew it myself
Cut a cardstock butterfly for each paper butterfly
Glue together (paper butterfly + cardstock butterfly = strong enough decor to hang)
punch two small holes in the head (I punched my crooked so that they would look more whimsical; like they were flying)
string onto fishing line and thread through hole twice to hold in place, but still adjustable.
I hung the fishing line on two small 3M Christmas light window thingies.
or you could use a nail or hook or eyescrew thingy or something.
Your daughter will think you're a rockstar.
I love them. They are just so pretty.
ReplyDelete