CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flannel Board Nursery Rhyme

My sister in-law does a little weekly class for toddlers where they sing and do nursery rhymes, etc. A few weeks ago she asked if I had any felt for a flannel board demonstration on how a pumpkin becomes a jack-0-lantern.
Do I have any felt? Is the pope Catholic?
Oh, and let me make it for you! She said she was just going to just marker and scissor it--and she would have done an adorable job--but I sort of insisted myself [and my sewing machine, etc] upon her, and before long the pumpkin had green stitching and the whole nine yards. (Ok, well I make it sound a lot better than it was.)
There is a point to this--and a picture. So I've become a monster and made a "Miss Muffet" flannel board story for her, as well as a "Peter Pumpkin Eater." I only have pictures of Miss Muffet. Oh, and there were extra fun verses with tuna fish and peanut butter and corn flakes. The spider I did not make--it's big and fuzzy.
miss muffet felt
(I used a clip art picture from my computer as my guide for Miss Muffet.)

4 comments:

  1. I love love love this!!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok as if I couldn't love you anymore you come up with this amazing blog!! I put it on facebook to get the word out! I am now decorating for fall and halloween today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is so cute that my eyes are watering and my heart is pounding. I MUST have a set...actually, could you applique it on a shirt? I'm not even kidding...it could be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I am being obnoxious but will you make me a little Miss Muffet and a spider? I really do want to applique them on a shirt for HB...Miss Muffet at the bottom and the spider coming down from the top...really.

    ReplyDelete