CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Make Your Own Earrings:

IMG_0296

Go buy some buttons and a button shank remover--yes, it exists, and if you use a coupon it's $4 or so at Joanns. My local store was out of stock so I used some sort of small wire clipper fellow that James had on hand. Joanns also sells earring backs, surgical steel posts and all. A little glue, and voila! I printed out a little lady's head and poked the earrings through for a more lovely presentation. Was that a lazy tutorial? Here, this girl says it better:

http://treyandlucy.blogspot.com/2010/03/button-earings-oh-baby.html

IMG_0297

Someday I will buy this awesome tool my friend has and share how she taught me to make lovely fabric covered earrings--divine. (Lyssa, do you have a tutorial I could link this to?)

3 comments:

  1. I saw this was and was AMAZED. Seriously. But were did you get your lovelies? Let's get together and have a craft night! (can you craft via skype?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanns...but I'm sure there are other options out there that carry super cute buttons as well. I had to narrow my choices down. I originally had a million buttons in my cart. Carrie needs to post her pair that I sent her, they were pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    I don't have a tutorial but definitely can probably find one on-line. It's an i-top :) Maybe i'll jump on that soon!

    ReplyDelete