CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Old Dresser Make-Over

Ah! I need a place for baby clothes, since he will be sleeping in our room for who knows how long. (Remember, due to scorpion fears we are all upstairs, living in a two bedroom apartment in a four bedroom house:) So we pulled that old dresser out of the garage, the one a ward member gave us long ago and we had almost given up on it. When my Sarah in-law heard what color I had in mind she told me she had a five year old un-used bucket of paint--in that exact color! (After she saw the finished product she may be using it for her laundry room walls after all...which would be beautiful.) So without further ado [because I can't not tell a long story about everything], I give you before:

IMG_0580
And I had already removed the hideous hardware before I remembered to take the before shot, so here's that (set up in Cubby's "store"):
IMG_0579
IMG_0585

And after:

IMG_0641
IMG_0586
IMG_0590

And perhaps you could help me by giving me your opinion on the picture above it and accessories...or not:

1.
IMG_0650

2.
IMG_0649
(Only the mirror would be centered.)

3.
IMG_0632
(My favorite Norman Rockwell, "Do Unto Others...")

Did you make it through all that? Please give me an opinion!

9 comments:

  1. Abby - LOVE THE DRESSER. I just love breathing a little life into a forgotten treasure. The color is great and your pulls make it look quite modern. I think my vote for the accessorizing is #2. I'm not sure if I can't explain why - it's the most aesthetically pleasing to me.

    I get a little intimidated to post because I doubt my skilzzzz. I'll post when I do something I feel super confident about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Will you come refinish the furniture that I need help with now? My vote is the mirror, but I totally love the temple and all that church stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would think I would choose the temple but I think I like the mirror best. Love the dresser--it's beautiful and very chic now. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thing went from 'eh' to 'Awesome!' for me. i need to keep 'potential' like this in mind when Sho is showing me some of her project ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. flowers and round mirror

    I was so inspired by this, I bought an old dresser at a garage sale for $10 last Saturday.

    ReplyDelete