CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fleece Flower

IMG_3278

Ready? Ok.

1. Cut a piece of fleece--yes, I said FLEECE--in a long, tapered strip and scallop one edge.
IMG_3263

2. Make a running stitch along the straight edge and pull one thread to slightly gather. I know there is a technical term for that...anyone?
IMG_3264

3, 4, 5, & 6. Wrap the fleece around itself to make it look like a flower. Stitch here and there to hold in place. Hot glue a small fleece circle to the back side to cover any stitching. Attach a clip or bobby pin.
(I also glued little berries in the middle.)
IMG_3275

Voila!
Great look for winter, I say. They remind me of the fancy wool felt that costs a ton. And fleece is often on sale at Joann's for 50 or 60% off! Yay! I want to see yours now!

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and fancy and I wonder if I can buy fleece here. Probably not. Sigh. I miss craft and fabric stores where everything is cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crafty lady, you. This looks awesome and perfect for winter! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fleece flower...where do you come from? You are amazing...I say that with great respect. I missed out on some serious genes.

    ReplyDelete